It was a pleasant surprise to hear that I’d been nominated for the Super Sweet Blog Award by Meg at Meg Travels. Meg’s blog is one of the first that I started following when I ventured into blogging, and I enjoy it for the snippets it provides of life in other places. She has a keen eye for photographing the extraordinary in what locals may perceive as the ordinary, and her words convey a keen sense of place. Do visit Meg’s blog and travel vicariously with her, just as I do! (And if you’re looking for something sweet in Italy, she’s written several posts about gelato, including this one.)
I’m happy to accept this award, and agree with her that this is a cheerful award. Look at those colourful cupcakes — don’t they just make you smile?
The rules of this award are:
- Give credit to the person who chose to nominate you.
- Answer the ‘Super Sweet’ questions.
- Nominate a Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
I was happy to give credit to Meg and her excellent blog. Now onto the five ‘Super Sweet’ questions about me.
- Cookies or Cake? Forced to choose, cookies it is! There are so many kinds, and unlike cake, they’re highly portable. It’s easy to stash a few cookies in my bag; cake, not so much.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? I’m surprising myself a bit by choosing vanilla. Followed closely by chocolate, of course.
- What Is Your Favourite Sweet Treat? So much to choose from! I have to go with the sugared almonds I make at Christmas. (Just added those to my list of things to write about.)
- When Do You Crave Sweet Things the Most? Hmm, with my mid-morning coffee. And then there’s the afternoon. Afraid I can’t rule out evenings either. Happily, I don’t crave sweet treats the way I used to, but I sure enjoy them anytime!
- If You Had a Sweet Nickname, What Would It Be? Uh oh, this one has me a bit stumped. Given my interest in making these lately, I’m choosing Cupcake. (Just checked in with the Culinary Enthusiast, and he also suggested Cupcake, so it’s settled!)
Now for my Baker’s Dozen nominees. Since this is the Super Sweet Blog Award, I’m being somewhat literal and choosing blogs that I like for their selection of delectable sweet treats. Some of these are sources that I’ve been turning to for some time for recipes or inspiration, and some are ones that I’ve recently discovered. There are so many other blogs that I also enjoy, it wasn’t easy to choose! I know you’ll be happy to spend some time looking through all of them, and may even find new favourites.
- A Sweeter Thing (I want to try the homemade marshmallows)
- Profiteroles and Ponytails (check out the Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie)
- Sweetapolita (a go-to blog for cake/cupcake baking & decorating, and I love the video tutorials too)
- Love and Olive Oil (Lindsay wrote the book on cookie dough — literally)
- Movita Beaucoup (great humour and great food is a great combination)
- Just a Smidgen (Barb presents beautiful food described in a poetic and heartfelt way)
- Made By Mike (Mike’s Molasses Ginger Crisps are on my “Culinary Bucket List” on PInterest)
- Frugal Feeding (good food including appealing desserts at reasonable cost, with a side helping of Brit humour)
- Boozed & Infused (because sometimes our sweet treats come in a cocktail glass)
- Trials In Food (I’m new to this blog, and the apple galette convinced me to stay)
- Cooking-Spree (a lovely blog with beautiful desserts)
- Eggton (great humour and great food plus adorable dogs)
- Emmy Cooks (Emmy’s Hazelnut Tea Cookies were a hit on my Easter dessert tray this year)
To all my nominees, thank you for the inspiration and entertainment you provide. If you’ve already received this award, or don’t accept awards, there’s no need to do anything other than bask in the well-deserved recognition! And if you’d like to accept the award, I hope you’ll enjoy the process of nominating a selection of your favourite blogs, as I have.