Are you looking for creative recipe development, eye-catching food photography with a home cook-friendly esthetic, and crisp writing that fits your editorial voice? Or do you need the services of an editor to make sure your site, product campaign or recipe collection is well organized and clearly written?
Marlene Cornelis is the creative spirit and wordsmith behind two complementary ventures: the food blog Urban Cottage Life, and the freelance editing and writing service Veranda Editorial. When you engage Marlene to develop a recipe or write an article showcasing your product or brand, you can be confident she will present creative ideas with an editor’s precision. And if you use her services as an editor for your website, food blog, or cookbook, rest assured that she will bring the experience of a seasoned cook and food writer to the table.
Urban Cottage Life’s tagline is modern scratch living. The blog embraces seasonal, local food with modern twists on classics and a focus on casual hospitality.
Veranda Editorial’s mission is to help your voice shine without the distraction of errors or confusing organization. Working with Veranda Editorial allows you to focus on your message while Marlene fine-tunes its mechanics.
- Recipe development
- Food photography
- Sponsored posts
- Social media sharing
- Brand ambassadorships
- Cookbook reviews
- Editing (food writing and recipes a specialty)
- Copywriting for your website, brand campaign or publication
Select Sample Work and Experience
- Recipe development and promotional articles for the Middlesex County Economic Development Department (see Celebrating Spring with Asparagus)
- Sponsored posts: Middlesex County, CorningWare, Egg Farmers of Canada
- Freelance advertorial writing for The London Free Press, Neighbours supplement (see Olive-Me article)
- Copy Editor for Food Bloggers of Canada
- Content Editor for Copyrightlaws.com
- Editor of the Ontario Apple Growers e-book 30+ Inspired Ways To Enjoy #ONAppleaDay
- Urban Cottage Life was named one of Nine Inspiring Ontario Food Blogs in 2016 by the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance
Urban Cottage Life occupies a small corner of the internet — think of it as a boutique food blog, offering a particular viewpoint and esthetic to a small community of engaged followers. If it’s high-volume reach you’re looking for, you might be better served having Marlene write for your site or use her editorial skills to polish your sponsored campaigns.
If you would like to see Urban Cottage Life’s Google Analytics statistics in support of a particular assignment, please get in touch. Marlene would be happy to discuss how she might partner with you to help you achieve your objectives.